Ridiculous Things I Say *language advisory*

Have you ever been to Cape Breton? If you have, you probably noticed that we have our own interesting way of speaking. Ok, well maybe not all of us but many of us use some interesting sayings to get our point across. 

Even though Damon spent some summers as a child in Cape Breton, when these sayings come out of my mouth he can't help but chuckle. A really great chuckle. I'm glad that the way I talk is so funny to him.



The most recent one that he heard come from me is "I fuckin' near piled 'er b'y"
It was the first warm day here in Saskatchewan and we were outside cleaning the truck. I stepped on a spot of ice and I fuckin' near piled 'er b'y.

Now, Damon understood what I meant because he saw it happen but later asked me where it came from. I almost fell, what did that have to do with a pile? Well, I almost fell into a pile. Simple. Right? Apparently not.




Another one is "I ran face and eyes into it" It could be the wall, the door, a person, a tree, etc. This one came up when I asked him to walk in front of me blocking someone from seeing me because I didn't want to have to deal with their nosy questions. Damon didn't do a very good job of blocking their view of me, so I ran face and eyes into them.

When I said this we were almost in the truck go continue on our drive. It took several minutes before he could stop laughing enough to drive safely. 



We used to have this awesome kitty. His name was Ninja. We started letting him outdoors at some point then one night he went out and never came back in. He was a super cool kitty. Ninja loved deli meat packaging. He would steal the empty package whenever you were making a sandwich and when you tried to take it from him he would growl at you. 

Ninja as a wee bitty kitty.
So I was making a sandwich one day with...you guessed it... deli meat. Ninja was all up in my sandwich making business and I wasn't very impressed. I picked him up and gently tossed him on the floor (you know, the way cats jump out of your arms in the direction you point them, that kind of toss) while yelling "Fly to your fuck Ninja". 

I don't know where your fuck is, I don't know where my fuck is, and I definitely didn't know where Ninja's fuck was but I know for sure that that's where I wanted him to be at that point in time. 

Damon calmly asked me what I just said and when I told him he busted. I was not in a mood to be laughed at. Thanks babe.



I don't say sit or sat. I always pronounce it 'SET'. It frustrates people, especially my Dad. I know what I mean when I say it. "Set with me.", "You can set over there", "The dog set on the floor".

Some people understand me right away. Others are very confused...."Oh, you mean 'SIT'", "Yes, that's what I said, set". Ok Ok, I can see now how that could be frustrating. It's what I do though, it's part of what makes me me.



But how? How what? Do you mean "why"? Yep, I tend to say "how" when "why" is my actual question. I also say "how" when "how" is the actual question. It's difficult to give an example of this. It's just a weird thing that I say.



Squoze, squozed, squeezed. While you might have squeezed the tooth paste, I squoze the toothpaste. Damon squozed me when he gave me a bear hug. I honestly believed for a very long time that the past-tense of squeeze was squoze. I had to use my friend Google to verify that it wasn't. I couldn't comprehend that I was wrong. 



What are the funny/odd/weird things that you say? I could use a laugh too. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Routine In My Days

Do We Need New Furniture?

What I've Been Reading