A Little About Me


My name is Sheena. I was born and raised on the shores of Cape Breton. You know, the world-famous Cabot Trail?

I had an average childhood, I guess. I’m an only child. I never went without. Some might say I was am spoiled. Always a Daddy’s girl, still am at 30.

My passion through high school was soccer! I played left defense and I was nicknamed the “MackTruck” because being hit by me was like getting hit by a Mack truck. My only regret is that I played on that team for 6 years and never once scored a goal.

After graduation in 2006 I went to college for business; worked a couple jobs before settling in the local Home Hardware. In 2011 my parents bought the Home Hardware and I continued to work there until my Mountie got re-posted in June 2017.

I met my now husband in 2015. It was a whirlwind, frenzied time. I spent the night once and never left. We were engaged in Oct 2016. It was a mutual decision that we made and talked about till it was exhausted. We had both been in committed long term relationships previously and we wanted to be unequivocally sure that this was the right decision for us. It was.

We were married on March 4th, 2017 and it was amazing; and it was a snowstorm; and it was magical. 


As mentioned above, we were transferred in June 2017. It was my first time living a significant distance from my parents. I made sure to see them at least once a month. That wasn’t too difficult as it was only a 3.5 hr drive.

In February 2018 my husband received a promotion. We had friends visiting and I was at work, so they found out before I did. It should be mentioned that I found out about the promotion by text. Not exactly how I would have envisioned it, but whatever. I will not find out by text for the next promotion – Right Babe?

On July 11th, 2018 we set off on our cross country move. We drove with our 2 cats and 1 dog. It took us 9 days. Now here we are in Northern Saskatchewan. Where it's been snowing since Sept 28th.

And now here I am writing a blog!

Tell me a little something about where you come from!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Routine In My Days

Do We Need New Furniture?

VDL Make-up Review